2015년 7월 23일 목요일

Pork Baby Ribs

I remember the time when I first made this for my family. My nieces and nephews went crazy. My brother in law and a niece are still asking "where did you buy those ribs?" I myself was nicely surprised by the taste of my ribs.


Ingredients

Baby ribs                          1.5kg

For steaming
green onion           1-2
minced garlic         2-3
bay leaf                  1

For sauce (measuring unit: a quarter cup)
sugar                     6                      
sriracha                 3
worcester sauce    1.5                   
soy sauce              1.5
rum                        1.5                   
ketchup                  1.5
mustard powder     1 teaspoon      
pepper

1. Soak ribs in cold water to get rid of blood


2. Remove silver skin on the back of ribs by using paper towels.


3. Blanching ribs in boiling water (with green onions, garlic and bay leaves) for 1-2 minutes. Then, take them out and put in icy water.


4. Rinse off any blood and impurities on ribs.


5. Put ribs back on the steamer and steam it for one hour at a very low temperature. By doing this, we keep all moisture in meat but it is still falling off the bone.


6. Make the sauce. Leave the sauce at room temperature.


7. Cool off the ribs after steaming it. Put sauce and ribs in a zipper bag. Keep it in a refrigerator for 1-2 days.

8. Put marinated ribs in a preheated pan. Add more sauce. Braise ribs until they get nice brown color and sauce is fully caramelized.


9. Serve it.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기