2015년 7월 24일 금요일

Green Grape Cheese Ball

Have you ever tried mochi (sweet rice cake)? Mochi is a popular dessert in Korea. Usually, we have red bean paste in mochi. When I was travelling in Japan 20 years ago, someone gave me mochi. When I bit into it, I was nicely surprised -- what was inside was a strawberry. I thought that it was creative and delicious.



On a separate note, I had a dilemma. I really like to eat seedless grapes together with cream cheese. I made the cheese ball several times and it needed something to seal the cheese in. I tried sesame seeds, almond flakes, coconut powder. None of these worked. One day, it occurred to me, "why don't I have it in mochi?"

Ingredients
seedless grapes                        12
sweet rice flour                          1 cup
white sugar                                2 tablespoons
water                                         1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons
cream cheese                            20g

1. Coat grapes with cream cheese by using two teaspoons.




2. Mix sweet rice flour with sugar and water. Put it in a steamer for 20 minutes. Check it a couple of times and stir it.

 

 

3. Knead the dough strongly with spoon after turning the heat off.



4. Generously sprinkle potato starch over a paper foil. Place the rice flour dough over it. Flatten the rice flour dough by using potato starch coated spoons.


5. When the above cools off, place a plastic wrap over it. Put a tray on top of it and turn it over. 




6. By using a pair of scissors, cut the rice flour dough in the size to cover the grape cheese ball.


7. Make the dough into a ball shape by using a plastic wrap.


8. Serve the grape cheese ball with wine.




For details, watch the video.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기