2015년 8월 25일 화요일

The Healthiest Onion Soup in the World

An onion soup is a special and thankful food for me. When I travel abroad and have a hang-over (i.e. when there is no jjamppong or ramyeon around), I eat this. It does serve its purpose. Or when it gets cold suddenly, the soup always warms me up.



However, I never liked the crouton in the soup but loved the cheese crusted on it, which is quite a dilemma. We overeat gluten. So, I really want gluten out of this healthy soup. Moreover, I want my soup to be further alkaline-forming (a crouton is highly acid-forming). I found a perfect solution for this and it is far more delicious.


Ingredients (for 3 people)
onion                             3          
eggplant                        1
beef stock                      800ml 
gruyere cheese            

1. Cut an eggplant into thin slices. Put salt on eggplant slices and keep them in a sieve.


2. Cut onions into thin slices.


3. Pour onion slices on a pan and stir them occasionally until onion slices turn brown.


Use a stainless steel pot or pan, which gives a much better caramelization than a non-stick pan.  In case you use a non-stick pan and have a problem caramelizing, add some baking soda.

4. Add boiling beef stock to the pan and deglaze the pan. Let it boil for several minutes.


5. Cut eggplant slices into 1cm-thick strips. Weave with eggplant strips.


6. Put the above on a soup bowl with (4).


7. Sprinkle grated cheese on (6).


8. Put the soup bowl in an oven preheated at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes.




댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기