2015년 8월 15일 토요일

How to Make a Really Delicious Pasta Aglio e Olio

I try to avoid gluten as much as possible. Only occasions where I eat gluten are desserts and some pasta with volgole and aglio e olio. 


The reason I like the above pasta is because I make the world's best-tasting garlic-based pasta. Today, I will give you my recipe for capellini aglio e olio.


Ingredients (for one person)
capellini (or any pasta)               70g                 
garlic                                           4 cloves
extra virgin olive oil                     2 tablespoons
peperoncino                                3-4

1. Mince garlic. Do not slice it. Mince it.


I usually mince all 4 cloves of garlic. But, today I will slice one of them and use it as a garnish.


What gives garlic the flavor and health benefits (i.e. anti-cancer property) is Allicin. However, this allicin is a quite unstable thing. You don't get it by just eating garlic. A whole garlic, for instance, has no allicin.

Sliced garlic is barely better than a whole garlic. To develop allicin, you have to mince or crash it. For the best result, paste it.

Further, you have to wait for 10 minutes for allicin to fully develop itself after minced. That is why I mince garlic as a first step for every dish.

In case you put garlic to boiling water, most of allicin disappears after 30 minutes. Thus, it is best to add garlic 15 minutes before you finish.

2. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a pan. It should be cold oil on a cold pan. Add minced garlic and stir it until golden brown.



3. Sprinkle peperoncino flakes on the pan.



4. Add capellini (boiled for 3 minutes in salted water) to the pan. Have a half ladle of starch water on the pan and mix everything together.




5. Although it is not traditional, grate some parmigiano reggiano on the pasta, which partly replaces salt.


6. Sometimes, I have shrimps, cherry tomatoes and broccoli on my pasta aglio e olio...
 
 
 
...although I prefer a simpler one.
 
 
 
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기